Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
Cost per serving: $1.50
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
½ cup sugar
½ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons cold water
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low, for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan and skim the fat.
- Bring cooking juices to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth and stir into cooking juices.
- Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with chicken.