AWARD-WINNING BATTERED CHICKEN WITH DIPPING SAUCE
Feed your inner child with these awesome, fun-to-eat chicken fingers!
Yield: 5 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, cleaned, and cut into “fingers”
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- Oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. water
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and paprika until combined. Add water and eggs. Mix until it forms a batter. Dredge chicken fingers in the batter.
- In a medium-large pot, heat two inches of oil to 350 F.
- Fry chicken fingers until golden-brown on both sides, for no more than 5 minutes total. Depending upon the size of your pot, you may need to do this in several batches.
- Drain chicken fingers on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small saucepan, bring all dipping sauce ingredients except for cornstarch mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve chicken fingers immediately, alongside dipping sauce.