Sure, a turkey is typically the star of Thanksgiving dinner, but side dishes are where things get interesting! We are a week away from our fall feasts and we wanted to share some of our favorite side dishes. Here are our top 5 favorite sides and a recipe for each one.
5. Cornbread: Is it really Thanksgiving without some cornbread on the table? This recipe comes straight from bettycrocker.com.
4. Sweet Potato Casserole: We aren't sure what the best part is, the potatoes or the melted marshmallows on top of them! Check out this recipe from allrecipes.com.
3. Green Bean Casserole: If you like green beans, one of your favorites has to be a good green bean casserole. Here is a great recipe, again from allrecipes.com.
2. Macaroni and Cheese: Mac'n'Cheese may be a little on the unconventional side for some. It might also be the most popular side at your Thanksgiving dinner this year. Thanks to foodnetwork.com for the mac'n'cheese recipe that is sure to please.
1. Mashed Potatoes: Yes, the ultimate comfort food is coming in at #1 on the list. There's just something about the creamy, butteriness of mashed potatoes that no one can turn down. Credit to foodnetwork.com, again, on the recipe.