Dine on a Dime: Linguine with Creamy Garlic Sauce
This creamy and delicious pasta will have everyone asking for seconds. Pair with a light salad for a complete, easy dinner.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Cost per serving: $1
1 lb. linguine pasta
2 tablespoon butter
10 ounces (one box) of fresh white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 tablespoons flour
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups whole milk
- Cook linguine according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Stir flour into mushrooms. Add lemon juice and spices. Mix until smooth.
- Add milk and ½ cup reserved cooking water to pan. Raise heat and stir until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss thoroughly to coat. Thin sauce with additional ½ cup reserved cooking water, if necessary.