ORANGE-GARLIC CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES
This chicken serves up a fresh burst of flavor with a side of wow!
Yield: 4 servings
Hands-on prep time: 15 minutes
Total prep time: 30 minutes
Price per serving: $1.70
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Fluff with fork and fold in orange zest.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Rub chicken with oil and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place chicken in skillet, skin-side down, and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 13 minutes. Flip and cook 1 minute more. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add orange juice and cook, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the skillet for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 minutes. Nestle chicken into tomato mixture, transfer skillet to oven and roast until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve over orange rice.