7 Things to do Before Asking for A Raise
You know you deserve a salary raise. Here’s how to get your boss to
- Volunteer for tasks that fall beyond your actual job responsibilities.
- Make yourself indispensable to the team by becoming an expert in a specific area.
- Take the initiative to acquire new skills in your field.
- Set up a meeting beforehand, specifying what you’d like to discuss.
- Make your request during your company’s best season.
- Bring proof of how much value you bring to the team and how you help increase the company’s bottom line, citing recent projects you’ve excelled at and increased levels of responsibilities.
- Be courteous and respectful without resorting to threats and ultimatums.