Asian Inspired Slow Cooker Chicken
Fill the house with the delicious smell of dinner all afternoon long!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
- 1 bag of 5-minute rice
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ ounce freshly chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken thighs to slow cooker.
- Whisk together soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha and lime juice. Pour sauce over chicken and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook until no longer pink, on low for 6 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Plate chicken with rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.