Bringing back this Martha Stewart-inspired pasta this weekend. With just one pot to wash, it’s a no-brainer!
Yield: 5 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 medium sweet onion cut into ¼-inch julienne strips
- 4 garlic cloves very thinly sliced
- Red pepper flakes
- 2½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 4½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, diced
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Place pasta, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle with pepper flakes and oregano, then drizzle with oil.
- Cover pot and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add basil leaves and stir pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot evenly throughout the pasta as you are serving.
- Garnish with grated with Parmesan cheese.