A complete dinner in just 15 minutes - and it's delicious too!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag of 5-minute rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in a tablespoon of water
1. Cook the rice as directed on package.
2. In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients except the cornstarch.
4. Pour the sauce over the browned ground beef. Reduce heat to medium-low and sauté for 6 minutes.
5. Dissolve cornstarch in a tablespoon of water and swirl it into the meat mixture. Let it simmer for several minutes until sauce thickens.
6. Serve over rice.